Located beside the medieval bridge and built during a period of great urban growth, this bridge was also a new, modern road that improved the access to Ledesma. To build it, however, it was necessary to tear down part of the city walls.
Although the project to build it was approved back in 1934, the start of the Civil War prevented the beginning of the works, and it was only erected years after, to be opened on the 24th of July, 1954.
This bridge, made from concrete mixed with large rocks, features a great central arch with a 49 m span, a 20 m sag and a width of 8 m. The thickness of the arch is 4 m at the base and 1.80 m at the key. There are three pilasters set over either side of the arch, which make up four narrow arches. The bridge reaches both sides by means of two arches, each one of them with a 10 m span, on either side of the main arch and separated from it by thick pillars.